Thursday, March 3, 2011

Be - Maple icing

One of my favourite memories is the maple icing Mom put on her banana cake and you just reminded me of it again. I can almost taste it as I write - and I wish I had made it. But then, I would also be the one eating it so probably best left off! Bad enough that I made a pineapple upside down cake ( also a recipe from home) at Mothers today for lunch and brought some home which I also had for supper. And I wonder why I gain weight? I am looking forward to getting into the yard come spring as I always seem to lose a bit - I guess the exercise and lack of temptation to "graze" contribute rather than any honest attempt on my part! I sewed together two rows of blocks for a quilt today. My goal is to do a bit of something, if not every day ( may not be possible) but at least every week. This is not an exceptional pattern - 3 cut pieces of fabric make one block 12"X12" and I have 5 rows of 4 blocks and then a border. It is from a "Turning Twenty" book Cathy - so called because you use twenty pieces of fabric called fat quarters which are each 18"X22" in size. You can buy fat quarters at the fabric store already cut and nicely folded into a neat package - remember, presentation is everything and it is much easier to grab a few (too many that is haha) than to ask for a metre to be cut from a bolt. So the stores sell more this way, right? A few of the pieces of fabric are oriental patterns so I thought Mike might like it because he loves Japan so much. Who knows, I actually might finish it! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment