Thursday, March 10, 2011

Stamping

It is a little different than stamping on paper.  You want your paint a little thicker. This is why I more often use acrylic paint than Seta-color.  if you want to use the Seta-color, you can get a product from Jacquard called "SuperClear", that will thicken fabric paint. Or, I've heard of them getting Aloe Vera gel at the drug store that does the same thing.  ( I've never done that myself) I prefer to put it on with a foam brush, and I pat it on rather than stroke it on. Stroking can cause it to pool in the recesses within the stamp.  Test it on scrap fabric first, to make sure you know how thick to apply the paint.  The trend now is to have the stamped mark appear degraded.  You can do this by not covering the entire stamp with paint.  This causes a portion of it to appear to have disappeared. I wish you knew which magazine it was.  I have them all, but wouldn't know what I was looking for. You'll have to visit and spend a couple of days going through magazines with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment