Saturday, March 19, 2011

Taxes

Well, now that I know it works, I guess I'm expected to say something.
I purchased a tax program yesterday using my coupon from work, so I only had to pay $15. Darren's mother has been on my case to get her taxes done as she's expecting a refund. Well, this is the year she started collecting a pension, so her income increased slightly - just enough that she now owes on her taxes. I couldn't phone her and tell her. I couldn't handle telling her the bad news and listening to her ask "what am I supposed to do now?" (She has always received a small refund in the past and had already made plans for the money.) Darren offered to call her - Thank goodness! Sure enough, she started crying. I am so glad I wasn't the one on the phone with her. I haven't even started working on ours yet as we don't have to file until June, but maybe I should. After a few years of both of us paying, I actually got a refund last year. Maybe it'll happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment