Saturday, March 12, 2011

Ripple effect and more birthday plans

Today I lost (broke) a coffee mug.  It was one of three that I bought at the Royal Doultan Store many years ago--all 14oz, microwavable, fine bone china.  These three mugs have controlled the routines in my kitchen for years.  With just two of us, we don't do dishes every day, so I have developed the routine of putting the dishwasher on when I have three dirty coffee mugs, and I use one a day.  It has become routine to hand wash any dishes that can't go in the dishwasher on the same day, so that my kitchen is clean for a few hours every three days ( I like the way it looks when it's clean, but not enough to keep it that way).  So how will I know when it's time to wash dishes?  What if one day I get mixed up and wash dishes too soon? This must be fixed!

We got some coupons in the mail for McDonald's.  Of interest, were the buy one, get one coupons for breakfast items.  We could both have breakfast for $2.99!

So my birthday plans are firming up.  Breakfast at McDonald's, and then a search for a replacement coffee mug.  It won't be easy.  Most places we usually shop don't stock fine bone china.  We will probably start at St. Vital Centre, as there is both a McDonald's and a Bay there.  In a pinch there is always Sears as well, where I've had good results in the past.

Oh Whoopee!

No comments:

Post a Comment