Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Be - Winter to be with us until May?

Apparently, we are in for a long wait for Spring with a few more months of winter. This does not sit well with me in light of one greenhouse now full, and threats to open up the other greenhouse tomorrow. What did you say ??? The news just ended with pictures of Winnipeg sitting at minus 37*. You folks must just be loving it, aren't you?
Glad to hear about your car Patty. I agree about smaller cars for running around. For the last few weeks we have been using my car instead of the van and it does not work well for two people and the dog and and all that we carry back and forth. Just for me alone it is great - even filled to the ceiling with all my summer trip luggage. But to be using it every day for groceries, and boxes, and garbage to the dump, and picking up old lumber at the dump to bring home- its not so good.
We had coffee at Mike's again this morning on our regular Tuesday run to North Bay. He leaves March 11 for two weeks in the wilderness bush of Northern Ontario - around Gogama area. It is winter survival and tent training for the troups under his charge. I do not think he is too impressed, but it is work, and with work comes money.
I was given a very hard waltz tune to learn last week for todays violin lesson, and since practice was minimal, it did not go too well. But that is to be expected, and since I love the tune, I look forward to practicing better this week. It is only for me and my satisfaction, so I figure all is well, no matter what!
I went into the Sewing Store to see about servicing my machine - the lady on duty ( she was not the owner) said she had never heard of my make, and they must not be making it any more. Then I asked for the special Husqvarna Viking bobbins, and they had none, and then I asked for the Mettler thread I wanted and they had none, so I left empty handed and quite disappointed.
Thats my day...take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment