Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Be- Clarification re: cookies

My recipe box got another going over after your question about "Edna's Cookies" (I enjoy going through recipes - just like you Cathy in liking to read Cook Books) It appears I do not have a recipe for that specific cookie but I was assuming all along that it was the recipe I have called Basic Recipes for Cookies where I add chocolate chips. And then I remembered us making cookies last summer Patty at your place and used that same recipe. So now I am confused (doesn't take much, eh?) but I recall the name Edna's Cookies. So is there an explanation to unconfuse my confusion? I know Patty that all this doesn't address your concern about your "hard rock cookies" but it did give me something to think about!
I am getting a hair permanent tomorrow at 10 am - I go for so long and then I can't stand my hair and need to do something NOW! which is what happened today. We came home from North Bay and I immediately went to the phone to make the appointment.
The good news for you Patty is that you are healing regardless of the unexpected information about what was broken, but isn't it interesting about how health care is being managed these days - one must advocate for oneself because noone else will. We took Harry's Mother to the Health Centre in Burk's Falls Monday to get an xray of her arm that has bothered her for over a month. The Doctor saw her last month and gave her a cortisone needle in the shoulder inspite of my suggestion to Hrry to get an xray because I suspected it could be a fracture. Anyway, we await the results - actually I hope there is no fracture otherwise she may get a cast or sling and that would mean increase in care and more "sleepovers" for me.
Harry's sister's daughter (16 years) left today for a school trip to Kenya to help to build a school. It has been planned for over a year and a half with fund raising events etc so now she has actually gone and it gives Mothers something to both talk about and worry about! We got a phone call from her at 7 pm tonight to let us know Donna (sister) had heard from Julia (daughter) from Montreal where they were tranferring to a flight to Switzerland. She returns March 19 so guess we shall be talking about it every day now.
Anyway, time to sign off for now. I finished the top of the quilt I was sewing on Sunday, and finished the book I was reading last night so I'm feeling a bit lost without an outlet right now - better just go to bed! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment