Sunday, March 13, 2011

Be - Dishes and greenhouses

Today we drove up to North Bay to check on Mike's place and feed his animals. As I expected there was a counter full of dishes. So as Harry did the animals, I did the dishes. I think he got the better of the two jobs. Both Mike and his new roomate Zach have the best of intentions and really do keep the place relatively tidy, but there is this thing about dishes! I just imagine how happy they will be to come back from the Winter exercise to a clean kitchen (so they can start all over again haha)
We did shopping for Mother to take tomorrow (which is now filling my fridge) and I even got treated to a Tims for the drive home. Then, we opened up the second greenhouse which involved clearing out all the stored garden stuff (now hidden in the snow under a tarp) and moving one of the heaters from the big greenhouse. Then I mixed soil and hauled water and helped to tranfer plants from one to the other. I have just closed it up with a blanket taped over the door hoping that both greenhouses will stay above freezing tonight. You can only imagine the amount of time, energy and work that goes into this thing called gardening!

So Happy Birthday to you Patty - will be thinking of you all day and hope that you will be fortunate to buy yourself another china mug as a birthday gift. Best wishes XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment