Thursday, March 24, 2011

Surgery details

The surgery was nothing.  I was awake, with just a general relaxant, and less than 30 minutes in the OR.  I had to be driven home, because of the mild sedation.  ( I wasn't even aware of any change, but it was easier to remain still during the procedure)  I had to wear an eye shield until this morning (about 24 hours), and while sleeping for 2 weeks.  I had to start one type of eye drop 24 hours before surgery( antibiotic)and for a week after, and the second one when I got home after surgery ( a sort of anesthetic) and for two weeks with gradually fewer applications.  The vision in my new eye is fantstic--better without my glasses--but I have to wait a while before doing anything about that.  Anyone I've spoken to says to go for it, the sooner the better, and anyone who has it ( and a few that didn't get it)recommends the more expensive flexible lense--which  I have--a smaller incision and reduced chance of complications.  I'm not allowed to do any heavy lifting or straining for a couple of weeks--but I can live with that.  LOL
I don't know why you would wait, but on the other side of the coin I remember the problems Phyllis had.

No comments:

Post a Comment