Sunday, January 29, 2017

Busy for once

Early yesterday, we took one of my reliquaries out to the gallery in Selkirk.  It was an exhibition of work from the Embroiderers' Guild, but there weren't enough entries, so they were accepting them from anyone associated in any way.  There appeared to be an awful lot of pieces, so we just dropped mine off and came home.  Later in the afternoon, I got a call from my friend Valerie, saying that they hung everything and still had a least one whole wall that was empty.  The lady from the gallery asked if maybe Valerie and I could bring in some more stuff. Of course I said yes, and then spent yesterday finishing three pieces.  Today, I had the monthly luncheon of my ATC group, and Valerie came to the restaurant to give me her pieces.  Tomorrow morning David and I have to be at the gallery by 9:00 to deliver everything, and maybe help hang them.  It's not often the chance to be part of a gallery exhibit this way comes up, and I'm grateful for the opportunity.

The frenzy of activity yesterday stirred my blood, and today I started a new piece.  It started off with my thinking about how I could best demonstrate something for the beading class I'm teaching in March, and has evolved somewhat.  So after getting home today, I started the basic preparation, working until about 7:30.  I should get the basic work finished tomorrow, and then will have to choose beads. That always takes time and is a wonderful creative process. I may even have to go shopping--too bad.  I'm hoping this is the start of a period of activity and productivity.  Being active helps me sleep better at night, and right now, I need to be doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment