Thursday, January 19, 2017

It is lovely weather ....

....and one should be happy to have nice mild temperatures rather than the bitter cold and wind that could be with us, or probably will be with us before long.  I took advantage of this lovely weather, and started to clean off the roof this afternoon.  I tackled the back and got only one side done - by the time I got it cleaned off and then the hardest job to clean up the heavy pile of snow on the ground as a result of raking it off the roof, that was all I could manage. Perhaps tomorrow I can try again.  I did more hexis this morning, after walking to the Lottery Store, and the Bank. At the Bank, I was presented with more issues.  For the last while RBC has been on a promotion for clients to use the online site for transactions. I have fought this every time I approached the Teller - although as I am told by the teller - it's not them. And today I was told that I could not pay my cell bill the usual way and rather I should be using on line banking. The Teller could not do it the usual way either and she had to go online to pay the bill (although I thought they always did this once I logged on with my client card?)  She told me to express my concerns with the Management. I do not feel my voice of concern would make any difference. I stated that as long as the Bank was still here physically, and the doors open, and I enter during posted business hours, I expect that I can carry out all my business there. So with a heavy heart, I have just logged on to the RBC site and printed off the list of "payees". Now I shall reconcile these ( they only use a # for each with the actual account number of payee which I shall have to isolate specifically) Then I shall try to pay my bills for this end of month "online".  I really am kicking and screaming into the new age of technology.  I feel the same way about "texting" and there is always a real tug of war here when Harry communicates on the computer with prospective receivers or givers of items on Kijiji. Then they always respond with texts to "my" cell phone which Harry has given as number. And it is always then my job to respond and make arrangements. I have vowed to try to learn to text on my phone - it is only a little flip phone and no internet etc as is usual with all these smart phones everyone else uses.  The last message I had to send ( in the car) was on Tuesday when we were meeting up with this gal to give her the boxes of VHS's. She wrote several times ( always started with "Hi there" ) asking if we would still be there at the ReStore at 9 am etc etc.  My response after several tries was "YES" (and I was thrilled to have written that much  haha!)
Well. I seem to have vented enough for tonight - do you think???
So I'll go to bed and read.  I am reading The Cat Who Could Read Backwards" right now. A real nice change from the previous marathon with Stuart Woods novels!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment