Saturday, January 21, 2017

Memories of books and feelings

Today I am re-reading a book that I have had for many years.  It is a paperback. It is very tattered... The pages are yellowed and falling out of the book.  It makes it difficult to read in the bathtub, but I keep trying.  This is the book Beth bought me the day after the house burned down in1988.  We were in a store in Sundridge.  I don't know what store, but the book rack was by the check out.  I saw it there and mentioned that I had that book before and how much I enjoyed it.  Beth bought it for me and told me it was the first book in my new collection.  I have many books now..... lots of them came from Debbie Ginther... she went to a used book store and bought a whole selection of books that we had both enjoyed as children.... Whenever I look for a book to read, whether I choose it or not, my hand touches this book. "Treasure" by Clive Cussler.... the first book in my new library..........  Memories of books and feelings

No comments:

Post a Comment