Saturday, January 7, 2017

Not the best of days

My cold is making itself at home, in my chest.  Yuch! There is minimal housework getting done, but we sure are playing a lot of poker! I've decided to take an extra day at phase one in my diet, as I ate a handful of raisins last night--really shouldn't have.  When I looked back in the calendar, it has taken me 4 months to loose 10 pounds, but I have been a little lax about some things, so 2 lbs/month really isn't bad, for a diet that I've now been on for 10 months. I will keep plugging along, and start phase 2 tomorrow.  Meanwhile, I sit here thinking about how much I would love a piece of pizza, but it's just too cold to go out looking for it.  So lentils and spinach will have to do for supper.

I also decided to find something positive about the cold.

  •  it gives me an excuse to wear my fairly new, heavy, ugly sweater in the house
  • we are assured that the car will always start, as we are sure to plug it in every night.
  • When it's this cold, it probably won't snow
  • the warmth of my daily cup of coffee feels so-o-o good to my cold hands.
  • an excuse to cuddle up under a quilt, while watching tv
  • we are less tempted to head out to do things we really can't afford, like hanging around shopping malls  (tongue firmly in cheek)
  • it makes the home delivery newspaper subscription worthwhile
  • gives me incentive to invite my lady's groups to come here, which gives me incentive to tidy up the basement
 That list is actually a little longer than I thought it would be.  Now I've run out of lives on Candy Crush, so time to think about supper.


No comments:

Post a Comment