Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Pondering the benefits of social outlets?

Its a tough decision to make especially when getting out socially is important - however, this particular group seems to be more of a stressor than any positive influence for you - or is it?  I do not speak from experience - oh, how I wish I had some social outlets. I do if you count the twice yearly luncheons I attend and I must say how much I look forward to those! Have you been thinking of any other similar groups that might catch your interest and attention? I would think it would have to be very stimulating and with like persons to make it worth while?  You like your ATC group don't you? I wish you well in whatever decisions you make for yourself.
We went to Huntsville today - usual rounds and I didn't buy anything. Feels good not to spend, but on the other hand, I also like to show something for my effort - even some small little inexpensive token....haha!
At the dump today Harry got a full box of packages of Metallic craft cord.. All colours and various makes eg John Bead Corp Ltd of Ontario. The cord is 85 % Rayon and 15% metallic and Made in Japan. It is described as ...use in crocheting, beading, and macrame projects. Excellent for use on plastic needlepoint canvas.  I thought of you Pati, and wondered if you recognize what I am describing and/or use it yourself.  I have never done plastic canvas work ( nor really have a desire) but I am sure it could be used in fibre art pieces. I have seen on The Quilt Show how couching has been done on the machine with similar cords.  I'm open to suggestions and even to sending if you thought it would be useful for your work?
Well, bed time. And get some rest to be able face another day! haha.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment