Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Damn alarm clock

I have spoken before of the hate-filled relationship we have with the alarm clock.  While I can turn off the alarm when it rings, it will continue to ring every day at the same time until we unplug it, and take out the battery. We realized yesterday that we had to have an oil change this month or void our extended warrantee on the car.  Last evening I set the alarm clock for 7:15am, so he could take the car for a "walk-in" oil change first thing this morning.  we were late going to bed, and David had just got to sleep, when the alarm went off at midnight.  I was in the kitchen and ran for it, but he was up and walking around the bed,when I got there.  He had really been startled out of a deep sleep.  Then, of course we both had more trouble falling to sleep.  The problem appeared to be that, somehow, the button for the second alarm got pushed when we were setting the first alarm, but it wasn't noticed and the time of the second alarm was never changed from the original midnight.   Needless to say it was unplugged and left unplugged for awhile, once he got home from the dealership.

Yesterday, there was a bit of a brouhaha via e-mail about show guidelines for the local art group.  I was quite upset about it, and was brooding over it most of the night.  Before bed we had talked about the benefit I receive from my membership in the group, and came to the realization that I really need to take a look at the cost benefit relationship with this group.  We both know that we need some sort of social outlet, and this group has served that role with me for several years now.  I'm not going to make any rash decisions, but I am going to start looking around for additional social outlets so as to have more choice should the small "p" political aspects of it become uncomfortable.

Out to the library today.  The tv said the temperature was -4 when we left he house, but it was darn cold, and very windy.  Far nastier than we had expected.  We also went for my coffee.  I got a Starbucks card in the mail today-period.  What the heck?  I tried to go on the website with no luck, so took it into the store to ask about it.  Just some sort of marketing ploy to make me feel more special, evidently, as I have a card I've been using for months.  Tempest in a teapot, but I was po'd at not getting any satisfaction from the website.

Now home and in for the evening (if I don't consider having to put the garbage bins out tonight).

No comments:

Post a Comment