Wednesday, January 11, 2017

hate to say it out loud

But there is more nasty weather coming your way.  Extreme cold warnings here, with predictions of very high winds Friday and Saturday.  So we went out today to buy me coffee.  Since we also stopped at the store to mail a card to Amber, we bought a couple of things.  I truly believe that you save money by limiting your trips to the store, and it's hard to justify going out in the cold for no more than a cup of coffee. However, every day I feel grateful for a house big enough that we can each find our own special place.  I think with the cold and the colds, we would have killed each other, or at the very least come down with full blown "cabin fever".  So, we justify our trips out for coffee as making sure we get out of here every day. 

The cold is still hanging around, but I'm feeling well enough to believe I'm winning the battle. No drugs today.  Good thing, as my fibre art support group is coming over this evening, although I have enough "regrets" to wonder who might actually show up.  Still, it's an excuse to tidy the basement, and scrub the bathrooms, so all's not lost, either way.  I have no work to show them, and no "give away-s", so I hope they're not too disappointed. Still not sewing, and the hexies have all been put away--out of sight-out of mind--works for me.  The little splint doesn't fit as well as it should  for doing any work, so we're both playing a lot of poker.  I actually won "money" twice yesterday--something that hasn't happened in awhile.  Once this evening is over, we have no other events scheduled for quite awhile, and I've set up the basement to start a new project--mainly machine, work to save my poor hand.  We seem to be able to keep the housework under control, but every once in awhile stumble upon something nasty.  During our efforts to tidy up we found a couple of things like that, so have filled our quota for this week and don't have to worry for a bit.

Time to go.  Keep safe and warm--especially you, Cathy, with the need to travel into town to work


No comments:

Post a Comment