Saturday, January 7, 2017

Good Saturday Morning

Up early again to greet the cold outside - the dog always wants to go our first thing in the morning - wonder why? It means I have to put boots on, and coats etc and then wander about the yard. Actually I should not complain as I like the crispness of the morning outing - then I run in and make my coffee.
I just checked my Lotto Max ticket and thought of you last week Cathy - that would have been very exciting (albeit a bit disappointing as well). I would take a $100.00 gladly anytime - but coming so close.  
Keeping busy around the house doing odds and sods really.  I managed to get the Christmas mess put away and while at it, organized all the rogue plastic storage containers onto a shelf - at least all those I found tops to - the others are in a big box waiting for help.
I rummaged through a fabric box and found a lovely dark green print fabric - just what I wanted to continue with the hexi topper. My plan is to border with several rows the now completed centre with various green hexis and then use this newer print also for the backing. Should be nice - if ever done haha!
I've backed away from the Library for a bit - finished off all the Stone Barrington novels and then got into the Alan Bradley Flavia series. But now I have pulled some of the books I have at home and will slowly read through them for awhile. I can do that my leisure and not worry about due dates etc.  It has been hard to do much reading lately so this approach should help.
Hoping all is well again with you folks - back to feeling better Pati?
I still have so much snow to shovel here - I was the recipient of a almost new snowmachine outfit - leggings and coat (from the dump) so I will enjoy putting on the leggings for the outside work.  I've always wanted a snowmachine outfit - funny to finally get one now and only have shoveling to do!  But I'll take it.
So long for now ...my coffee awaits and quiet time for a bit before the day begins.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment