Thursday, January 5, 2017

Out and about a bit

We've both become a little PO'd with trying to see anything in the very dim glimmer of light the new LED lights provide, so went out today and bought every tri-light bulb in the local Canadian Tire store.  Bought some traditional incandescent light bulbs as well. We just might do this again, if we come across another Canadian Tire in our travels.  I've been trying to do some beading, in my studio, and had to bring in two Ott lights and two more powerful incandescent lights, since David replaced the bulb in the ceiling fixture with an LED one.

But I'm going to have to take a break from hand stitching, for awhile.  For some reason the distal inter-pharyngeal joint of my left index finger keeps dislocating.  I've never felt it happen, but can see it leaning to one side, and know I have to pull it back.  I have no idea when this might have started, but when I analyzed the action of hand stitching, including threading a needle and knotting the thread, it was obvious how that action could effect it. Unfortunately, it continues to happen, although I haven't been able to track down when, but am also a little suspicious about the action of reading a book. 

If I had access to the supplies, I would just make a little splint and wear it for 6 weeks, as I did when the tendon on my little finger ruptured, but then I ask myself, what the point would be. Would function suffer if I just left it?  About all I can do right now is treat it conservatively, and hope for the best.    

Obviously, I have too much time on my hands if this sort of crap in occupying my thoughts, as much as it is.

Cathy, we've just heard on the news, that the forecast for Neepawa is below -40 for tonight.  Please be careful.  I imagine your animals might be sleeping inside tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment