Thursday, January 26, 2017

Reliquary

Much "intent" but certainly not "frivolous" - by my standards! You must be very proud to have done such a beautiful work of art under some very real physical constraints.  Good for you.
In this book I'm reading by Andrew Greeley The Occasion of Sin there are detailed descriptions of exhuming bodies (as part of the process for the substantiation needed for sainthood) and about the reliquaries found within containing the particular items required. Timely in my reading about this, and you completing another of your works.
My goal now is to: reclaim my studio (ie little room). I have worked some today in between other chores, and have given myself a good time line to be reasonable and so as not to fail. It becomes a process of hauling stuff here, and then moving stuff back, and then hauling more stuff and then not knowing where to put anything, so haul it back.  Sound interesting?
Strange events yesterday as we received a call from an elderly lady in Sundridge-  the sister of deceased Uncle Walter, and by chance the Sponsor for both Willie and Mike for their respective Confirmations years ago.  She is close to 90 years. But her concern was people breaking into her place and taking things and then returning them, or not. She had already had the OPP there a few days ago but was now asking for our help.  I told her to call the OPP again, and that we would come over.  We arrived as OPP were finished - he spoke with us outside and reiterated our belief that she was most likely demonstrating paranoid behaviour and obvious confusion.  We stayed for awhile speaking with her and following her about her place as she described what was taken and what was returned etc.  She showed us her kitchen cupboard and pointed out where they had taken her container of powdered skim milk. Today I called her, and fortunately they had returned the container and the measuring cup that was with it to the shelf last night.  Harry has spoken with her daughter in law in Toronto ( as has the OPP spoken with her son) We shall be keeping a close watch and try to take her shopping etc as all feel she should not be driving. So as life continues, it seems we are into a "caretaker" role once again. I'll keep you informed as to how this will evolve.
So back to tidying up from my messy cleanup attempts today.  I shall try again tomorrow. I might actually succeed in getting my sewing machine back into use! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment