Wednesday, January 25, 2017

"There be SNOW here..."

Unusual to see the white stuff falling yesterday and covering the sick looking brownish ground. But I loved it.  I even went down to the Lottery Store before Supper just to walk in the falling flakes and take it all in. And yes, also to buy a ticket for tonight!
I bought a Quilt Book yesterday at The Thrift Store ($2.00) - The lady in charge of books was just bring a cart full from storage to shelf, and so we went through them together - she being a quilter was looking at them all as well, and having a great discussion with me all the time.  This book was an older pattern  book with coloured pictures designed for childrens pieces. What caught my eye were the patterns for Fish, and Cats, and Dogs and Owls. So I got it.  I photocopied on our printer the patterns for the two different fish offered, and have them cut out. Now I am planning what I can use to cut the fabric and make a prototype block.  Just another flashing thought in my mind but it's enough to keep me amused for now.
I am reading another Andrew Greeley novel right now - I always loved his writing and had this book here at home (unread) so voila. 
Otherwise - nothing much going on .....Mid week though, and apparently all the end of month bills are starting to come in - always a lovely treat.  Now where is the money to go with them haha!  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment