Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Do we plant or not?

The subject of firing up the greenhouses has been at the top of discussions here lately. It has been so mild that I guess one forgets it is only January. Yesterday I went to North Bay to do a few errands - one of which was to pick up potting soil at the Laportes Greenhouses.  The owner met me at the store (store not really open yet but with a prearrangement, she met me there) and couldn't get the soil Harry wanted as it was frozen solid in the back rooms. I did buy some other though, that was in the store proper. But she cautioned - "too early- it will get much colder soon." She does not start until March. She told me to tell Harry "too early"  I did when I got home , but ? will it make a difference? Time will tell haha!  Today we may go to Huntsville as Harry likes to do - I wouldn't mind staying home.  
What's up with you folks?  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment