Saturday, January 14, 2017

Out again!

We knew David was getting low on pills, but found out that he didn't have enough to last the month.  His Blue Cross doesn't kick in until February, and the pills are expensive ( well over $300.00 per refill).  We knew my blue Cross, much lower limits than his, came in January 1st, and thought there might be a bit left on his from last year, so ordered them.  Picked them up and NO CHARGE!!  Between the two plans we were covered 100%.  What a relief!  Leaving the store we checked out the clearance rack, as we were going by, and found a Crock-Pot, for $24.00.  Well, having saved so much on pills, we had to buy it. My oldest slow cooker has a broken lid, and broken dial, and we only use it when absolutely necessary, but now I can get rid of it.

More poker last evening, and I actually won a tournament.  It's been a very long time since that happened.  But today I need to get back into productivity.  I managed to easily shred the yarn I bought yesterday, and when shredded, it's light and fluffy as a feather--everything I had hoped for.  However, my skin soon told me that it was pure wool, something that hasn't been a problem for years.  I guess we must suffer for our art!

A little less cold today, but cold enough.  The streets are very, very slippery, and there was equipment out today that we had to play "wait'n'dodge" with, so hopefully, we're home to stay for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment