Thursday, January 12, 2017

Wind

Before we got up this morning, we could hear the wind howling around the house.  Bringing in the paper it was difficult to see across the street.  Not snowing, but wind blowing the fallen snow around.  The tv said the wind chill was over minus 40.  The wind dropped a bit and visibility cleared just before noon, but the wind still blows and it's still cold.  David went out to fix the recycling bin, as it hadn't been picked up yesterday, and it appears that someone had hit it with a car, knocking everything all over the street.  Other than looking after that, we haven't ventured out,  and have no plans to.

So, looking for something positive in my life, at 2:50, I made a cup of coffee, and sat down to watch Dr. Phil.  Wouldn't you know it, the phone rang.  It was my friend Shirley, whom I haven't talked to since May.  I had been thinking of her recently, but hesitated to phone.  However, she's still alive, but not well, as she explained in great detail.  Then she told me that the roads had been so bad, and the weather so cold, that the big trucks hadn't been able to delivery food to her facility, and the menus had been very strange for several days.  There are 300 elderly people in the facility, many very traditional eaters ( former farmers, with religious traditions as well).  Obviously it caused quite a stir in the facility.  Needless to say, I wasn't able to watch Dr. Phil, although I did manage to catch it later on another channel.  

Do I sound bored out of my mind?  I've been avoiding any hand sewing, and doing some small jobs with my embellishing machine, but now need more supplies for that.  This evening, I may just try some beading.  Otherwise it's back to poker--yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment