Tuesday, January 24, 2017

There's nothing like a little warmth

to help us forget what a cold country we live in.  I think you should listen to the lady at the nursery, but that's just my humble opinion.  The last few days we have been out in sweat jackets or sweaters, but back in the parkas today.  It has been so beautiful that we should be giving thanks for every single pleasant day.

Colds appear to be over now.  I had a rough day yesterday, but I think I was reacting to all the caffeine I've been drinking lately.  Since earlier this month, I've made an effort to drink green tea with every meal, and enjoying a special brewed tea a couple of times a day.  I've also been having my one coffee a day, but the last few days have been getting a larger portion, as they were offering a type of coffee I really like.  so I'm trying to avoid any caffeine today, even asking them to make a special cup of de-caf for me at Starbucks.  Lemon water instead of Dr. Pepper doesn't cut it, but I shall persevere.

Quiet around here.  Lots of reading and computer games.  I was going to try to sew my reliquary together today, but determined that the base needed adjustment, so had to take the little feet off and then re-glue them, when I had corrected the problem. Now I'm watching glue dry. Lots of time to think about the beading class I'm teaching in March.  I'm having to re-write my handout, to better fit with the audience I expect.  I actually had one lady tell me she joined the quilters' Guild so she could sign up for it!

I've recently heard of a couple of opening receptions for fine craft shows, and think I'm going to try to attend.  They're evening events,  and this gives me pause. One is actually out in Selkirk, although the other is at the art gallery.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment