Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Action Action - where is the action!

Hi, Been a few days but I have access now and see little in the way of postings - so this means that everyone is very busy?
Monday went to Mothers - all day and you know how I manage this. Tuesday was raining and raining and in summary, a totally miserable day. I practiced violin a bit, did some housework, and even did some sewing before the big hockey game at 8 pm. Had some potato chips ( bought especially for the occasion) and was able to stay awake only for the first period. Had to give in and go to bed and missed a great game apparently. Today I was in North Bay all day by myself - had to do some moving for Willie, so Mike helped me with this and consequently was able to spend the afternoon with him until my violin lesson at 5 pm. We went to the Mall and this was a wonderful opportunity for me to go to Coles - of course bought a book ( shame on me !) called The Third Man Factor by John Geiger. Plan to get into it tonight. Amazing at what excitement a new book can bring to one's life! I keep wanting to go to the local library but do not know their hours of operation - but have been wanting to read more of Wilbur Smith. Years ago when I was on the road a lot, I listened to many of his books on audio tapes and thoroughly enjoyed them. It may be different to actually read the printed word instead of hearing someone read the story but it's worth the effort to try. By the way, at violin tonight I think that I have improved a bit by changing my style and practice as result of the lesson I had to myself last week. I put considerable effort in preparation and practice and I feel it has paid off. I am feeling more confident now in what I am doing and really anxious to keep going - too bad only one more lesson before summer break. You both must keep encouraging me to practice all summer and not to forget about it because I do not go to lesson every week - OK? It was a quick supper tonight - I picked up a frozen pizza on way home and baked it when I arrived - never a really good idea money wise, or nutritionally good but nevertheless, a great treat. And best part is that I have some leftover for breakfast!! Well, hope to see some postings soon. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment