Sunday, June 21, 2009

What rain?

Pati here
David has been fussing and fuming for a few days now because they keep promising us rain but it never comes. He might actually be forced to go outside and water his garden.
I was sure on a roll yesterday. After our bike ride, and several battles with worms when I went under a tree that I shouldn't have ( you can see the threads--it almost looks like rain coming from the trees) doing a bit of housework ( I've opted for the one-room-a-day approach) we made several trips to the garage sale where we finally bought the little table for the studio. Then re-arranging the studio, which meant moving a shelving unit and the cedar chest --both full. Since the vacuum was in the basement anyway, I cleaned up the sitting area. Then I sewed until David came down about 4:45 ( a visit at that time usually means "where's my supper?"). I even sewed while watching Elvis Costello last night--great show!

For the whole day I felt good and was full of energy. It was a great feeling! I had to wonder if the activity itself served as a stimulus to the CNS. I've certainly read about such things. If so, I've let myself descend into lethargy over the past little while and somehow I need to get that energy back.

No comments:

Post a Comment