Thursday, June 18, 2009

Walking away

Pati here
my experience in leaving something has been to walk away. Leave it all behind. Make a little separation ritual for yourself. Now looking at situations from 5 years down the road, I think this is the only way to truly survive. I can now look back and evaluate my decisions without the gut-wrenching emotional component that can paralyze you. But life doesn't always let you do that, and sometimes you have to make a conscious effort to separate the emotional aspects of the situation and the surface "face" you need to assume to actually deal with a "here and now" situation. But--once you have faced it sucessfully, it's usually a long time before something like that comes up again, so you have recovery time to mentally re-live/renew the "walk away" process. Each time that happens it gets easier

RE: rabbits Cathy, you have reinforced my decision not to own a dog. However, I might be able to use one for a few days to deal with the d--n squirrels! All of my geraniums and all of my Portulaca-gone. For some reason they are leaving anything I have with silver leaves. Go figure!

Decisions! Decisions! It's almost 8:00 and I'm sitting here in my nightie drinking coffee. David wants to get out with the bikes. Every joint in my body aches and I know I'll be on my feet for 3 hours tonight at the gallery opening. But he is only pushing me toward a healthy lifestyle. Darn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment