Thursday, June 11, 2009

Was'up?

Pati here
Glad to hear from both of you. Still watching the little squirrels. Only two of them now, so I guess the crow got one of them. These two tend to stick together, but Mom no longer seems to be involved. Having trouble sleeping. I guess I'm worried about little Samantha.

Last night was my last computer class. We were asked to do an evaluation, and I had to give some thought to whether or not my expectations had been met. They really weren't, but I went in there with unrealistic expectations. So how do you express that in an evaluation? I tried to think about what had changed as a result of the class. Certainly I'm more confident and adventursome with the computer, but is that maybe also because I have my own computer, and can use it whenever and wherever I want? I'm doing some new things, but I'm sure I'm doing them the hard way. I've been scanning in older pictures. My laptop doesn't recognize the scanner, so I have to put them onto the desktop and then save them to the F drive which I then physically move to the laptop and call up the pictures. On top of everything, I need printer ink, so can't even run anything off right now.

When I got home last night, David was not well. He had spent the evening passing kidney stones. Since this also involved gastric and bowel distress, we had some work to do. But as he said, he couldn't believe how he felt completely better once the stones passed.

Today the sewing machine goes in for servicing. Always a gloomy day in this house. I was so very much into what I was working on and looking forward to two uninterrupted days to work, when I ran into trouble. I can't carry on using Lorraine's old machine as it just won't do what I want it to. I hate leaving a project half finished, as I often have trouble getting back to it. But I've been wanting to find some time to spend with my needlefelting machine, so maybe this is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment