Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lower Ft. Garry

A very strange type of picnic. We had rented the picnic shelter. Very nice! L-shaped with a huge fireplace in the L-corner. Lots of tables, but open areas as well. They had strung clothesline from tree to tree where quilts were hung for an in-guild competition. A couple of active games. All events in close proximity. The garage sale tables were set up under the roof. It was cold and windy and those of us in the shelter were freezing. Those sitting outside the shelter, in the sun, were warm and cozy. Lots of door prizes( not for me!), and the usual raffle ( My non-winning streak continues--almost 10 years now). I ended up selling about $145.00 worth of stuff--at fantastic bargain prices. But the stuff is out of my basement! And that makes David happy.

Home in good time and relaxing in the garden with a book. So relaxing that I almost fell asleep. So I think a nap is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment