Sunday, June 14, 2009

Be - Bugs keeping me inside this morning

I was just out to cut a bit of grass I missed yesterday - wow the little black fly creatures are out in full force this morning - they swarm you and you haven't a chance of survival so in I came again. Thats OK as the dishes are beckoning me and I have a load of wash on and a basket of ironing: or, I could always sit at the sewing machine, or play a tune on my violin! Tough decisions...
Funny you should talk about going for a picnic at Lower Fort Garry. There is a commercial on the TV right now about Canadian National Parks and the camera passes over many noticable landmarks such as Fisgard lighthouse, Jasper Park, and one quick view of Lower Fort Garry from the air - I focus my attention on viewing this part of the commecial and think fondly of home. Crazy me...
I had a revelation last night that perhaps my problems with my hands may be directly related to holding the dog leash. It all fits perfectly because where I am bothered with great pain in the palms which extends into the fingers is exactly where I put the most pressure when trying to hold onto the dog who is very very strong. So I am experimenting with a different leash and how I hold it. Wouldn't it be great if I have found some relief - not totally though as I do have problems with arthritis but maybe not solely the issue?
Got an electric smoker yesterday at a garage sale so had to try it out - used some of the fresh pickeral we buy at the Reserve and had it going overnight. Not bad tasting but need to perfect the adjustment of the temperature. We go to the reserve often and buy fresh pickeral usually caught that morning - they use gill nets and then fillet them at the house. We ususally bring them home to package them for freezing ourselves. Excellent feed and I love fish.
Well, must go...take care

No comments:

Post a Comment