Saturday, June 6, 2009

computer frustrations

Pati here
I had my own frustrations yesterday. I was trying to place in internet order with Interweave Press. I filled in the blanks, gave them my credit card number, hit "submit order now", and up popped a box asking for my password. So I bravely typed inthe generic password I usually set up for this sort of thing. No dice. Well, there's a little button that says" click here if you have lost your password". I did. It turns out that this informs them of a lost password, and they then e-mail you to confirm that the password is lost. When you confirm, they e-mail you back with a new password, which you can then use to place your order. I found a button that says "contact us". I did and went through a whole rigamrole until I got a dialogue box, where I ranted for a bit. While all these e-mails were going back and forth ( it took 45 minutes), I travelled around the site a bit and found a place to"change password', so I did and placed the order with my new password--the generic one I mentioned for this sort of thing. Finally they got back to me and told me that they had re-set the password and that my new password is PeriwinkleLilacs--case sensitive. Now, I ask you, am I a PeriwinkleLilac type of person--case sensitive or not?

We got away on our bikes for breakfast this morning, a nice treat. Amber is picking David up at 12:00 to go to the annual picnic for her work. She wants help with the little ones, as it can be chaos, evidently. I may go to a Stitch'n'Bitch session this afternoon. I've been to a couple of these and enjoy them. Then this evening Gillian has her annual dance recital. David drives me to these, as parking around the concert hall is a horror, and I don't want to be walking around that area late on a Saturday night.

Our garden appears undamaged. My Hellebore is frost resistant in any case. We picked rhubarb yesterday and enjoyed a small pie for supper, but still managed to put almost 40 cups of chopped rhubarb away in the freezer. We should get another picking off it before July 1st. Earlier this spring I turned the rhubarb still left in the freezer into Rhubarb and pinapple jam. I really love that stuff and it brings back so many memories. My comfort food has always been toast with red jelly (or jam).

Cathy, David says to cook your roast like any other. About 2 1/2 to 3 hours at 350 degrees. I've been enjoying roast potatoes lately but I dress them up a bit before they go in the oven. I use soya sauce for colour and dry herb and garlic dip mix, as a type of Shake'n'Bake. However, today will be fast fry boneless pork chops( $1.00 each at Sobey's) and oven french fries. I just hate to spend the time cooking that I could. I would rather be in the studio, as I'm way behind in my stock for sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment