Saturday, June 13, 2009

Pati here
boring day yesterday, compared to yours. I didn't even get to wash any windows--not that there might be any around here that need washing--lol. Yesterday was actually pleasant day. We got out on our bikes in the early morning, then grocery shopping and then into the basement. In the basement is usually how I get to enjoy summer, but this year I've decided to make an effort to get out into the garden more often--at least as far as the patio. If I was clever, I would be out there now, before mosquito season. Today is the quilters picnic out at Lower Ft. Garry. I have booked a garage sale table, but will have to man it all by myself, so no diuretic for me today--at least not until I get home.

My plans for getting into the garden are to prepare to have some hand sewing that I could work on out there and then spend a little time every afternoon out there. I have the picnic table that Daddy made set up, but it's not really a good height for some things--about an inch too high.

My Hellebore is thriving. A surprise after the trouble we've had the last couple of years getting it established. The Ladyslippers are in full bloom, even 4 out of six of the transplanted ones have at least one bloom. They only last for a short time, but what a display! A couple of tiny tomatoes out there, if the squirrels don't get them. We caught sight of four squirrels all at the same time yesterday, so Mom and the third little one may still be around. There had been a second red squirrel around earlier in the spring ( Dad?) Could be him, I guess. And how do you tell squirrels apart in any case? Although when we had the greys here and the first couple of years we had the reds, we could pick out a few regulars.

Time to eat and pack. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment