Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hot!

Pati here
It finally got so hot in the house that David agreed to have the air conditioning on.
The movie I went to last night was at the Ellice theatre at Ellice and Sherbrook. I was taking admissions, so got free admissiona and a free soft drink. Before and after the movie there was a craft sale. I had no idea but this weekend, there is a Do It Yourself (DIY) Festival inthe city. I was looking at the events, and it was impressive for an organization I've not heard of before.
The theatre itself is part of the renewal activities of New Life Ministries, and the theatre and cafe next door are special projects that provide jobs for those who might not otherwise be hired, because of either events in their lives or lifestyle choices they have made. I don't think I've ever seen so much strange clothing all at one time before.
The theatre was hot. Once I got home I went straight to the basement and stayed there to play poker, rather than in the kitchen. The other problem we have is canker worms--everywhere. We can't be outside for a minute without running into them. But we did get to a garage sale down the street. An older fellow whose wife has died within the past year, and he's selling the house and moving on. His family and a couple of neighbours were helping him, and obviously the goal was to get as much money as possible--no dickering here! We found a kitchen table and four chairs that we plan to take to the lake, four partial bolts of fabric for $2/each, and a little table that I plan to use for my needlefelter. We'll have to cut some of the legs off to get the height I need, but it's solid wood, so that should be no problem. This meant coming home and totally re-organizing the studio to accomodate it. But at least Iget to work in the cool of the basement, although with the a/c on it will probably be cold by the time I get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment