Sunday, June 21, 2009

Be- First day of Summer and Father's Day

Apparently it should be a wonderful day for all concerned....the rain that you folks had has hit us over past two days, but I see the sun coming up brightly now so maybe will be clear today. It was drizzling most of day yesterday so consequently the picnic for the fiddle school was held in the church basement and not in the outdoor theatre at the waterfront. I thoroughly enjoyed myself although I did not play BUT after observing the event for the first time realize I could have participated quite nicely. A seven year old not even as high as my waist dressed in a pretty pink dress and carrying a matching half size "pink" violin played her heart out and obviously captured the hearts of all there! There was a wedding at the church at 2 pm so the music had to stop until the service was over and the wedding party departed. So we had our potluck lunch - not BBQ but Delicios pizza and KFC. Funny part was that the volunteers in the church kitchen activated the smoke alarm and it could not be turned off for about 20 minutes - added to the music being played. Anyway, after sitting and conversing with folks for quite some time, the MC announced " OK folks, the bride has left the building so we are good to go again" Someone asked if the groom went with her??? Out of it all, I have a renewed interest to get at my fiddle and try to memorize my tunes and play with more speed and rythym to capture the mood or feeling for the songs eg the irish tunes. I heard them play some of the tunes I have learned already and realize how different (and better) they sound when done right. So that is my goal for over the summer.
In meantime, the garden beckons now that everything is growing including the WEEDS. Tomorrow I have to make a quick trip to Huntsville to see my Doctor for a prescription renewal - no more over the phone renewals and since it is actually time for my annual physical, I need pills only right now and so will schedule my annual for another time.
I can just see you jumping into the pool Cathy ( cloths and all) and remember when we went in on my visit. It was a great pleasure to be able to get into the water but I don't think I could "keep " a pool here - actually there would be no place to put a pool anyway so why think about it? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment