Thursday, June 11, 2009

Another day of small achievements

Each day for me produces it's own small remembrances or successes - at least I endeavour to make it so. Today I made another batch of rhubarb/pineapple jam. I will take one jar to Mother tomorrow when we go again. It is always at least two days a week and sometimes more. Tomorrow my plan is to clean her windows so wish me luck. I also have to take my violin as she loves to hear the music which is good because I can practice under the pretense of giving a performance! Harry will complete the outside work / plant the garden etc while I entertain Mother.
Also today I attacked the van - it was so dirty that it smelled. The incentive was loading all of Mike's empty beer cases yesterday to return for him, but a sudden brake this morning upset a case and stale beer seeped all over the floor and over a full box of kleenex. Vacuumed and shampooed the seats and carpets, and sprayed lots of Febreze to my satisfaction of a good job done. Tomorrow the van will be loaded again with plants etc to take to Mothers and likely won't be long before it gets back to its usual dirty state.
Also, I started the new BBQ by myself ( don't laugh) It has a press button starter and once you turn on the gas it must ignite quickly so gas does not escape. I hate gas! It frightens me! So with beer in hand and some sausages that needed to be cooked for supper I took a brave step forward. It really was no problem so maybe I've kicked this monster off my back?
When you speak of animals in your yard, I could share a few stories about the birds we have. Two bluejays nested in the apple tree and we watched it for a long while because it was right outside the bedroom window. But with the rain for so long the birds disappeared and we did not see them for days. So Harry took the ladder and reached into the nest to find one lonely egg- cold and hard. I guess the parents had to abandon their nest. Sad. But in another wooden bird house that is perched on a small shed in the yard, we actually have babies - we see the parents flying in and out constantly. We also have many many rabbits this year - the neighbour yells at them and then shots them because they are damaging his garden. Actually I think the rabbits just run into our yard to avoid him.
Anyway, time to bed and get some rest for tomorrow. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment