Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pati here
This is going to be a busy week. Yesterday will likely turn out to be my only quiet day and I just frittered it away watching reality tv. What a slob I'm turning out to be in my old age. Now this morning, for some reason, every bone and muscle in my body aches, and DH is antsy for a bike ride. Since Tim Horton's have raised their prices, we just can't afford to have breakfast there every morning, so we're going to have to change our route and routine.

Tonight I'm going to have to drive out to Pinawa for a meeting. There is a movement to form a regional arts council, and this is an informational meeting. As chair of the artists co-op (EMAC), I need to find out what is happening and how it might impact the operations of the co-op. Cathy, have you any insight for me on how regional arts councils function? I've never had to deal with one. In fact, I just learned that there is a Winnipeg arts council in existance. How much control could they exert on the operations of a marketing co-op? It sounds as though they want to coordinate activities between groups to make sure that there are no date and place clashes, and to get the best use of advertising dollars by coordinating all advertising for any arts related activities in the region. We have just a few members in the region in question, as our catchment area is much, much larger, but our Annual Show and Sale--the biggest of the year--is held in Pinawa. I would hate to see us shut out of the area.

More and more I'm seeing the need for a good thorough clean-up around here. Beth, maybe I can hire you when you get your housecleaning business set up. I need someone to take my windows apart and clean them. We used to do it regularly, but the last couple of years David has attacked the outside with his power washer and I've done ( or not done) the inside. This spring we found that the power washer has packed it in. I've found that the best way for me to attack the job is to dedicate one or two days to it and work my a-- off. Then we're both exhausted and have a big fight. The other option is to pace myself an tackle one room a day until the job is done. However, I usually run out of steam and interest by about day 4 and the job is just never finished.

But today I get my sewing machine home from the hospital. David has expressed concern that I seem lost without it. My response is "Yeah, and your point is?"

No comments:

Post a Comment