Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pati here
The meeting went well, but thank Goodness I spoke to Cathy before hand and did some research. I felt prepared and I felt that I had a good idea of what sort of approach to take. Then today, when we went to hang the show, those members who were there had lots of questions, and I was able to answer them. The show was hung quickly. We had been told to accept a maximum of 40 pictures, and ended up with 29 pieces, but that included some pottery. The gallery looked good when we finished, but maybe a little bare. Still I would rather see it that way than overcrowded. Hanging was a mental challenge. The horizontal center of each piece had to be exactly 48 inches from the floor. This all had to be calculated taking into consideration the height of the piece and the location of the hanger. As well we had to space each piece, on the wall, in consideration of all of the other pieces on that wall. The opening reception is tomorrow evening, and we'll see what sort of feedback we get from those who attend.

Then we came home and, yet again, I have no ambition to do anything. All week they have been advertising the first season of Torchwood being shown starting tonight, but it isn't in the tv guide, so I probably won't get it. We are so lacking in ambition that David went out and bought cole slaw and potato salad for supper--despite the cost. And he's complaining that I'm not eating the cereal we bought, since we so often go to Timmie's. Isn't it amazing the things you worry about when you're retired?

No comments:

Post a Comment