Monday, June 22, 2009

Pati here Typed this yesterday but it was hiding. Tahnkyou for searching it out Cathy.

Actually woke up this morning to drizzle. I woke early hoping for a bike ride before I have to leave for a 10:30 meeting in St. Norbert. With all of the construction, it's impossible to estimate travel times, so I give myself extra time and take a good book.



Amber and the children were over yesterday for supper and Loren phoned while they were here, so David heard from both of them yesterday. Loren and his children were out running in the Manitoba Marathon yesterday--a tradition with them for the past several years, from even before the divorce. He gets them every year on Fathers' Day, and she gets them every Mothers' Day. Jeremy is going into grade 7 next fall, and they had been concerned about him going to a high school with grades 7 to 12, as he immature physically as well as socially/emotionally. So they have arranged for him to go to a private junior high school. He had to apply and go through quite a evaluation process, but was accepted.



Twisted my back playing with the little ones, so am moving v-e-r-y carefully today. Amber is quite relieved that things seem okay with Samantha. I had no idea that a cold would play such havoc with a hearing test, but I guess the discomfort is distracting to little ones, and they have no idea what is expected of them in the test situation. She seemed to do fine yesterday, even following 2-3 step commands. And she told Grandpa that what she was holding was a "bahl". She's been referred for speech, although there is a very long wait in Steinbach. Both Amber and Jessica were very slow to speak--maybe there's something to think about in that.



Things didn't go well in the studio yesterday, but now I have a lot of hand-dyed fabric scraps to play with once I get home today--since I have two projects to cut up and re-cycle. Maybe I was trying too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment