Wednesday, May 6, 2020

A nice day

Okay, I just posted a very long message and when I hit the wrong key it all disappeared!  I was very busy justifying all the work (😊) I did today.  I cleaned all the canning jars out of the quonset (11 milk crates).  I cleaned out the fire pit (3 loads to the bush).  I raked out the leaves from the bushes around the garden and the needles from under the pine trees near the fire pit.... which Jim then put into the fire pit and burned (yes, the fire pit I cleaned out).  He also burned a number of boxes from the garage.  He burned 13 wine boxes!!!! He says it was a years worth, but how many were from the last 2 months?!  While I was in the quonset I noticed how the bushes had grown up near the quonset so I went in with my clippers and cut out a bunch of trees and bushes ( more to go, but I was getting tired)  Around 2:30 my friend Barb texted and asked it we would be interested in "social distancing" on her deck.  Duh!! We were there in less than 15 minutes.  Jim had ordered Chinese for supper  ( our first restaurant meal in more than two months! We just don't order out) and he picked it up and brought it to Barb's.  She was embarassed since her house wasn't clean (she should see my house).  She had to take forks out of the dishwasher to use.......it was so nice to see someone else lives like me.  We had a great visit.  Earlier in the day Rrain asked it I could pick up some Kitty Litter for her since she was working, and when I dropped it off we hugged.  We turned our faces away from each other but we both needed  the touch  so much.   Tomorrow I will clean some more out from around the quonset and ?????.  JJ and I went for a walk around the trail, too. We might need to mow it soon.  The weather forecast is pretty grim...... daily highs of 5 or so, but the last two days have been way warmer than they forecast so we can only hope.  And how is every else doing?  Love you guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment