Saturday, May 30, 2020

And life goes on

I covered all the tomatoes and peppers last night, but when I got up this morning and saw that the birdbath was frozen solid I figured it was much colder than they forecast. Even though covered I lost all the jalapeƱos and some of the Amish Paste tomatoes. I also lost all the beans but have already replanted. It looks like the baby cucumbers died too, but I have more seeds.  Today Al was over and helped Jim again with the garden pump. I think they have it working now. Yesterday I finished trimming all the branches down to fit in the fire pit. If the burning ban ends and the wind dies down I am ready to go. Last night Jim’s god-daughter lost her home in a fire. All of her pets perished, including her brand new puppy. She is pretty shook up. The fire inspector told her with the age of the home it went up fast. If she had been home he doubts she would have gotten out, let alone rescue her pets. Still a horrible thing to happen. And life goes on

No comments:

Post a Comment