Friday, May 29, 2020

Preparing for a frosty weekend

Cannot believe that for last few days we have been suffering with heat having to retrieve the fans from the sheds and setting up inside and struggling to work outside and all....then this weekend there is danger of frost with night temps at 2 degrees C Sat and Sun. Yesterday we emptied the small greenhouse of plants which are laying all over the back yard on boards and tables and shelves. We tilled the greenhouse and then planted peppers in the ground there - not all done yet but I guess that will be on the agenda for today. So now I am doing my usual "thinking" about how I shall cover up to protect the exposed plants. All the hanging tomatoes can go back into the greenhouses and close them up ( without heat because I removed all the cords and heaters) But all the others outside will need to be covered and this is always a PINTA for me. Oh well, keeps me busy and off the streets ..so they say haha! Maybe "they" will come and help me?
And I have to make time to go over to visit with dear old Daisy since she and her son and daughter in law are up from Toronto to the house this week and next. My plan is to go over on Sat. Since it will be a "social distance" kind of visit maybe it can be cut short. And I will have to take some goodies as i always do - maybe choc chip cookies? And walking Bailey yesterday I passed Ruth from across the street out in her yard and she made some rumblings about me coming over for a coffee as we could sit on her back patio and be separated enough to meet standards. Maybe all this staying at home has been playing tricks on me, but frankly I would rather just stay home !
So take care my sisters. Thinking about you both...

No comments:

Post a Comment