Monday, May 25, 2020

The Rain came...

We all must be asking for a bit of rain and fortunately it came last evening in a wild downpour after sprinkles most of the afternoon. It was damp overnight and then early this morning moist air with fog. Almost a nice feeling after some very hot days.
More planting done yesterday so gradually the garden is being filled in nicely. I cannot seem to do any cleanup around the place or setting up favourite ornaments etc but mostly concentrating on the greenhouses and planting. In the height of the downpour Harry casually asked if I had brought in the hanging Tumblers to protect from the heavy rain - so you guessed it ....out I went in my pjs and winter coat to protect me and hauled all the hanging baskets into the three greenhouses and closed their doors. So I guess this morning I shall have to reverse that and bring them all back out. Great fun.
I had to go the Foodland yesterday morning to buy some bags of soil..We had driven to Burk's Falls early for 8 am to buy some at the ValuMart but it was closed, and driving back to Sundridge saw that both Foodland and the Hardware were also closed. I guess new hours are in place and we early birds cannot seem to adjust haha! So at 10:30 I slipped over by myself to get the soil. Since I had to actually go into the store to pay because the garden centre does not have a cashier, I ventured further into the store to check out coffee. I was surprised to see the Nabob K cups in 30 count boxes on sale so quickly grabbed two boxes. I had been lamenting the fact that I was running out of K cups ( although have ground coffee enough to do me by using the little adapters for the Keurig machine) But I like the convenience of throwing in a K cup and pressing the button. It is a splurge only for me, and I decided i deserved to splurge only for me haha!
So another day and I expect more garden work - now is the time to get everything in the ground and I am assisting Harry with every little thing garden wise. Take care my sisters. Thinking of you all the time....

No comments:

Post a Comment