Saturday, May 23, 2020

Quiet time

All that walking and standing  on Wednesday did me in.  Thursday and Friday involved both walking and stair climbing, with doing laundry and making beds etc.  Today my Horoscope says that I'm going to be full energy, and ready for anything, but my body is telling me that today will be a quiet day with as little physical energy expended as possible.

David has been baking bread this morning, while I read the newspaper and cruised Facebook, but I guess it's time to look around and figure out how I can survive the day, while not doing much.  He will need a bit of a shopping list for grocery shopping, I guess, and we'll need to find something for supper.  Maybe I'll have to spend a little time downstairs, getting some hand sewing ready for tv watching this evening. Maybe I can even spend a little time outside, if it downs't rain.

Read the obituaries this morning and found that an acquaintance has died.  Gail knew him and his wife better as they had very close tables at the Kenora Farmers' Market for the last few years ( no market this year!). I knew his wife better as I had taken several workshops with her in Polymer clay, and we had occasionally spent a little time together on neighboring slot machines.  Evidently he had suffered a stroke recently and never really recovered.  He was David's age.

I hope you time with Mike today is pleasurable, Beth, and that the drive doesn't do you in.  Worth it in any case.  It sounds like we're all going to have a relaxing weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment