Saturday, May 30, 2020

Overkill...?

...I do not think so...I just came in from covering everything and/or putting plants inside the greenhouses and closing the doors. What  a procedure - wind blowing of course, to make it easier to put blankets and sheets over things - I could have used a few more hands but c'est la vie. And just took Bailey for his long walk - wearing yet again, my winter jacket and knit hat. The sky is black but the sun started to shine  - go figure? But I observed another home up the street whose owner is also a gardener and her things were also covered so I think I am on the right track for tonight. Tomorrow we will reassess.
But I am totally done.. So it is clean up, put the animals to bed and then crawl in myself to do some more reading in my new Monkeewrench novel. Mike called today to see if I had started to read yet because I had told him that I was off reading lately. Happy to inform him that I was half way through the book already and really enjoying the bedtime reading again. He has provided me with these latest books as gifts so it was nice to tell him of my newly renewed reading interest.
I visited with Daisy and family this morning - had tea and cookies in the living room but sitting apart. I need not worry about making conversation as this family is non stop talking although poor Daisy just sits and at times eyes closed and dozing off. 
Take care ... hope your days will be getting warmer now that this silly "frost warning" has already hit you, and is now upon me and will soon disappear.  Here's to happier days......

No comments:

Post a Comment