Thursday, May 28, 2020

Money and the wind howls

Both David and I received a $200 cheque from the Provincial government today.  I refused to read the accompanying letter, just on principle. We are told that the autopac cheques will be in the mail by the end of the month.  Nothing heard from Trudeau though.

I have been very lazy this week.  I suppose a better word might be lethargic.   Quite content to sit and read or play on my computer.  David has been taking a larger role in things, as a result.  Over several days he has negotiated, with the help of a neighbour, for a bit of help in spreading the lawn dressing that was delivered this morning.  Just before noon a woman showed up with 3 young boys, and the job was done, front and back within about an hour.  David and I had discussed how much they should be paid, and I had the money ready, but she would only accept a little more than half what we offered her.

I bought the next module in my sketchbook workshop, yesterday.  In taking a look at it, I realized that there were 2 pages of videos, not the one that had appeared at first glance.  That made me wonder if I might have missed something in module 2.  Sure enough, I had missed three videos.  After viewing them, I knew I had found the missing pieces from the days I spent trying to figure out what was expected of me, and the hours I had spent painting paper and not being happy with the result.  What a relief!  Then this morning, I got an e-mail newsletter from the same place, one that they send out every Thursday.  This time, amongst other things, they mentioned a blog associated with the workshop that could be found attached to Module 2.  I searched it out, and was overjoyed again at finding information etc that will be very, very useful as I proceed through the last two modules.  I also now know that I'm going to be buying some better quality oil pastels.  I had bought a small box of them from a very small local art supply/stationary/ store/print shop.  They just aren't good enough quality.  but then, I didn't pay a lot for them.

While watching tv, I've been basting the lozenges I have mentioned before(somewhere?)  I think I've finished the long ones, and only have left the very short end pieces that will be needed.  I certainly didn't think that the job would be done this quickly.  But they will now need to be stitched together, by hand, and that could well take the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment