Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Funny (funny strange-as Mom used to say) Day

Today my only accomplishment was to hone my skill at procrastinating.  I spent time on Facebook, read a book, watched a little tv, all the time telling myself that I should be down in the studio.  i finally got down to the studio, and rather than working on my sketchbook, I cut out card stock for some elongated hexies.  I actually did spent a few minutes on the sketchbook, but pasted down a picture, and then covered the whole page with more paste, just to make sure it was attached, but of course, then had to put the sketchbook aside to dry.  There was time spent out on the patio both morning and afternoon.  I actually sat outside this afternoon, long enough to assure that it was too  late to worry about getting something out for supper, and we had to order from Subway.  But I was good and ordered a salad.

When David got to Subway, she had to put everything together for him, so there was no advantage to having ordered ahead of time.  It seems that every thing is wide open and business as usual except for the closed dining rooms.  We have a fair shopping list but we decided that we would continue to be careful.  Once a week in the early morning, when the store is closed to all but seniors.  Every source is predicting a second wave of the virus and we just don't feel it's worth risking our lives to shop for one or two things every day, as was our habit "before".

Got my Visa bill today, and was pleased at how low the total was, until I looked closer.  It was by bill from January.  Go figure?  I sort of thought that the total was higher, so called and got current information.

In the garden this morning we found 7 separate Lady Slippers coming up.  We had thought that we had lost them after the drought a couple of years back, as they have declined in number every year since.  There were only 2 sickly looking ones last year.  David will look after them this year, and hope for the future.  At the feeder the Juncos are gone again, and won't be back until fall. So we see Sparrows, although this evening, when I looked out in the area under the feeder, there were just a rabbit and Crow, not really what we want. 

Well, supper over, maybe I should try to get out for a walk, before settling down to poker.  

No comments:

Post a Comment