Wednesday, May 20, 2020

I wish I could reach through and wander your garden

I would post a picture of my garden but since nothing is growing yet it would not be very impressive.  We spent another day outside but I am not sure what we did.  The garden is all planted now. I put the last of the bedding plants in this morning so all we can do now is water and wait (and weed I suppose).  The neighbour was over yesterday and we were telling how our garden well pump had died.  He showed up today with one he had in his shed.  He plugged it in and it ran, so I think he and Jim are going  to install it as soon as Al has some more free time.  We are watering from the house, but in order to fix the outside tap and stop the leaking we will have to cut a hole in the ceiling of the rec room to reach the pipe (sigh)  We intended to go shopping today but somehow the day got away from us and now it is after 7pm.  I poured myself a glass of wine last night but just didn't feel like drinking it, so I have taken it out of the fridge and will give it another try.  JJ still lies around a lot, but she is moving better when she moves so we will keep going.  Today Jim said I could take the heavy winter blanket off the bed.  Say no more!  It is washed, dried and put away.  It is so big and heavy that I think is is actually too big for our washer.  The last week or so I have just folded the blanket over onto Jim's side and slept with just the light cover.  I guess the double layer was too much for him.  I re-read this post.  I really do just write down the random thoughts as they occur to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment