Monday, April 6, 2020

Another day..... Another pound gained

Boredom really does consist of opening the fridge door and staring.  Yesterday I did my puttering.... wiped down the kitchen with a weak bleach solution.  Scrubbed the tub.... put duct tape on a crack in the tub surround.  Wouldn't you know that once we found a plumber and a guy to do some bathroom renovations this would happen.  Another load of laundry done.  Jim tried to harrow some ruts out of our lane, but wasn't totally successful, and then Jean drove in to pick up some eggs so we had big ruts again.  JJ and I went for a mile walk this morning.  She may choose not to go tomorrow now that she knows how far it is.  Chace is not feeling very good right now.  Jim is giving him an aspirin every morning and it seems to help.  He is 11 now and being a bigger dog he is getting up in years. JJ will be 10 at the end of October so she is getting up there too.  Rrain is going to make a couple of cloth masks for Jim and I when we go to town.  There are a couple of women in Neepawa making them.  (One is my friend Lynne) but I figured I would rather pay Rrain than someone else.  Tomorrow is her last day of work.  She will go in occasionally to pay bills and stuff but that is it.  They are applying for the 75% wage subsidy, but it has to be applied for by a director of the board and they have to include their own personal income information along with it (I think that is aimed at businesses rather than not for profits).  She has a friend that works at an accountants office who is going to help them.  Their own accountants office couldn't help as they were not familiar enough with any of the programs.  (Their accountant donates his services every year so they do not want to pressure the firm since they never pay him) I haven't heard from Kris since he phoned me.  It was probably pretty hard on him to actually talk on the phone.  I know Sandi's parents are going to Killarney to help take care of Chloe while they work. They both had last week off since it was Spring break and they had made plans to go to the fair and stuff.  They stayed at home instead.  Back to work for both of them now.  Tonights supper is going to be a clean out the freezer chicken casserole.  I even found a boxed pie crust to put on top.  And later, for something different, I will go for a walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment