Monday, April 6, 2020

Here we go....

Nice upbeat message Pati to get our week off to a good start. And glad to read that you are feeling better. The walks are great - if it were not for my need to take Bailey out I wonder if i would actually venture out on my own right now, although I have always loved to in past times walk around town to go the Lottery, and the Pharmacy and the Bank and the grocery Store so I am not adverse to that at all. You will likely build up your energy gradually but do please take care while walking. Cathy you mentioned you went for walks as well around the yard and on the road - how are your trails drying up?
I made choc chop cookies yesterday with weird ingredients and of course they did not turn out although I ate several of them to "test".
Harry shopped and brought home the Golden Crisco shortening (instead of the regular) which i have used without success in the past but had to use for these cookies. Then I had some coarse brown sugar called turbinado that I tried instead of the regular but the dough was awful and the cookies when baked were even worse. So i will have to do another batch to take to Mike's but use different ingredients - back to the tried and true. I do not have Parkay but will use the margarine i use every day I guess. 
I guess it will be "work in the greenhouses" again today as yesterday was a bit of a reprieve with cloudy and coolish morning weather although the late afternoon proved nice with the sun finally shining.
Take care today and every day while we weather this storm......thinking of you 

No comments:

Post a Comment