Sunday, April 19, 2020

Light rain ... more like drizzle

This is what greeted me this morning as i took the dog out early. I do not mind really as I was so tired of the white stuff.
Yesterday was a marathon of sorts around here. The ordered new greenhouse / shed kit was delivered Friday ( now this is interesting because Harry only ordered it on Thursday - cannot beat the turnaround time with Amazon lately) It was then my job to put it together - when i do these sorts of jobs I have to be totally prepared ie read instructions, take out pieces by number and count and then lay in order, prepare the surface where it is to be erected, get all the necessary tools one might need, and then start the job. The frame was steel poles which needed to be screwed together and the top was a huge tarp like pvc like plastic with windows at the side and  zippered doors at each end. The instructions stated that it would take two hours as a two person job. I was out by 8 am and doing really well on my own, until it came to the part where I really needed that second person. So Harry joined the task and by noon the shed was erected and plants started to be moved from one or the other of the other two greenhouses, I had to manoevre electric cords again to set up one of the three electric heaters so we had one of them for this new shed. The night time temp was around 2 degrees C so I was not worried about how this new shed would react but tonight and for two nights it is to be around 10 below the zero mark so now I guess i can worry. There is NO way another heater can be set up and I would rather die than face the thoughts of the propane heaters being set up. So here we go again......
Today I have wash to do, and other household chores to amuse me. I still do not know what I can do with my hair as it is getting longer - so far setting it in curlers is working even if that is a task I do not particularly like to do haha! Otherwise it just hangs all over my face usually. Right now I can get away with wearing a hat outside because of the wind and weather but that will not last long...I found my old fashioned wig I used in the early 70's - maybe that would work?
So take care folks, and think of each other fondly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment