Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Exhausting day yesterday

Maybe a little more for David than for me.  We did a bit of shopping around mid-day,which meant that we went through Tim"s drive-thru, then onto Freshco, where I sat in the car, drank coffee,  and read a book, while David shopped.  There was a very, very long line up at Superstore, where they were limiting the number of people let into the store at one time.  Then it was home, where I just had enough time to put groceries away, before a meeting of a province wide fibre group I belong to, Textile and Fibre Artists of Manitoba, (TFAM).  This meeting was held over the internet, using an app I had never heard of--Zoom.  I understand there are groups all over the world, who are holding meetings this way.  It was super easy for me.  I got an e-mail with a link in it and just clicked onto the link about 5 minutes before meeting time.  By meeting time, there were about 15 of us there.  The moderator was the main one on the screen, with a line-up of much smaller pictures across the top of the screen.  Everyone except the moderator muted their microphone, and then she ran the meeting. When someone raised their hand or was called upon they just un-muted their mike, and their picture became the large one while they were speaking.  It worked very well, but took pretty well 2 hours to get though everyone giving a short speech about what they were doing during the quarantine, and then a quick show'n'tell, at the end.  I needed to concentrate in order to get everything that was said, and was thoroughly exhausted by the end of the meeting.

Then a quick supper, and we both felt the need for a goodie. So I ordered dessert from a local restaurant on-line.  They had a system.  I provided a description of our car and the name of the driver as part of my order, and was given a pick-up time. Then we drove into their parking lot, to a designated area, where staff was running out with big bags of food, and a hand-held interact machine. There were a couple of cars, and finally a lady approached our car and asked who we were and what we had ordered.  She went back in and a more managerial-looking lady in a black jacket came out and explained that they had never received our order and what was it we wanted.  So we ordered again, and finally got our bag, paid for it, and left.  When we got home the dessert was quite frozen, but we had been warned about that, and told it would thaw quickly.  Well mine took about an hour, but then it was so-o-o-o good. Traditionally made Tiramisu.  Oh my!  David had a traditional Sicilian cheesecake with strawberries, and expressed disappointment, unfortunately.  But not to worry. At the same time we both got something different for tonight.

But when I did my bookkeeping, yesterday, it showed that we've spent a bit too freely so far, and will have to stick to the straight and narrow for a couple of weeks, so maybe the quarantine can be a good thing. With the grocery shopping that we did yesterday, we should be set for the next week.  then came the e-mail from Amber asking if we needed anything, including goodies as she would be in the city shopping later today.

The thread I ordered last week should have been delivered Monday.  Yesterday I checked the tracking number with Canada Post, and found that it was "in transit", as it has been since last Wednesday.  This is from Dundas ON.  If it doesn't show up today, I'll have to give the company a call.  There are still a couple of other things I'm waiting for, but they are coming from anywhere between England and California, so I expect that they will be spread out far enough between to provide about 1 goodie/surprise a week.

Today I have a couple of pair of pants to shorten, and then 2 hours of The Masked Singer tonight, when I can do a bit of hand stitching, so the day will be full enough to keep me busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment